I was thinking for a long time to have a Long Drive on National Highway 2 (NH-2), which is known as Durgapur Expressway in West Bengal. At last, on the 1st week of April 2015; my dream came true. Distance between my place in Kolkata & my destination place in Burdwan district is around 80kms. People suggesting me to go by train and not by my Honda Aviator Scooter because of Heat (hot weather in April) and fear of road accident that happens often on National Highways.



Anyhow, I decided to go by Road riding my Honda Aviator 2-Wheeler. Only thing I was thinking is the Hot Weather which will make Honda Aviator Engine more hotter. Thus, I choose early morning to start my journey. It was 7am when I started my journey to Burdwan from Kolkata on NH-2.

After crossing Bally Bridge over River Ganga at Dakshineswar; first I stopped and took a snap of Road Sign stating Delhi Road & Bombay Road crossing.
Delhi Road & Mumbai Road meeting point near Kolkata.

Dankuni Toll Plaza on National Highway 2 (NH-2 / Durgapur Expressway).
Half Century distance only.
Road condition of NH-2 (National Highway 2 / Durgapur Expressway) between Dankuni Toll Plaza to Palsit Toll plaza is awesome. Thumbs up for the National Highway Authority for repairing & developing & keep maintaining regularly.

Milestones on Highways always attracts me for a Snap.



Taking few photos on NH-2.


Burdwan & Hooghly district Border Zone on National Highway-2. 
Border Area on NH-2; I mean border of 2 districts of West Bengal.
Coming back to Kolkata from Bardhaman. 
My Honda Aviator resting few minutes.
Ready to go - Honda Aviator. 
Honda Aviator waiting for me to Ride on NH2.
I took a Coffee break at Cafe Coffee Day Shop at Gobindapur and took breakfast at Azad Hind Dhaba at Gopalpur on NH-2.
Let's go.
How's this photo?
Long Drive on National Highway-2 / Durgapur Expressway.
It was an exciting long drive on NH-2 with amazing scenic beauty of agricultural lands. Major areas that I crossed during my Kolkata to Burdwan journey on National Highway-2 are Dankuni, Chanditala, Cafe Coffee Day, Singur, Azad Hind Dhaba Gopalpur, Dhanekhali More etc. It took only 1 hour 15 minutes to reach my destination in Bardhaman from Kolkata.



This journey wouldn't be possible without my wings i.e., Honda Aviator which run 160kms in a day in 31 degree temperature of April month.


My Travel Information about NH-2, National Highway 2 (Durgapur Expressway) covers – NH-2, National Highway 2 (Durgapur Expressway) route & how to go, NH-2, National Highway 2 (Durgapur Expressway) accommodation & Hotels to stay, NH-2, National Highway 2 (Durgapur Expressway) best time to visit, NH-2, National Highway 2 (Durgapur Expressway) sightseeing places & nearby tourist places (spots), NH-2, National Highway 2 (Durgapur Expressway) wiki details, NH-2, National Highway 2 (Durgapur Expressway) attractions, NH-2, National Highway 2 (Durgapur Expressway) photos (pictures) & videos of NH-2, National Highway 2 (Durgapur Expressway).

All these Pictures are taken by me. So, using these pictures without my concern is an OFFENCE. Please DO NOT USE PHOTOS from My Travel Blog - Traveler Andy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Select Destination

Videos on YouTube

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel & Watch Travelling Video on YouTube.

People Coming From

Recently Traveled Destinations

Most Popular Destinations